Workers' Compensation PMA
The PMA Insurance Group is pleased to partner with The Professional Protector Plan for Dentists program to provide a competitive Workers' Compensation Insurance program for your dental offices.
PMA has a proven track record of providing our clients with excellent claims management, managed care and risk control services. All of these services are designed to help you manage the cost of insurance by controlling exposure and minimizing cost.
PMA is offering the following coverages:
Part One - Statutory Benefits. Provides coverage for benefits required by the workers' compensation laws of those states listed on the policy.
Part Two - Employer's Liability. Provides coverage for liability for injuries to employees that are not compensable under workers' compensation or similar laws.
Part Three - Other States Insurance. Provides temporary coverage for operations located in states not listed on the policy. This coverage applies to all states except North Dakota, Ohio, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming (the five monopolistic state funds).
Additional Coverages Provided Under PMA's Workers' Compensation Policy:
Voluntary Compensation Endorsement
- Every jurisdiction exempts some employees from coverage under its workers' compensation laws. This Endorsement when attached to the policy extends workers' compensation and employers' liability coverages to those employees.
Stop Gap Coverage
- This Endorsement when attached to the policy extends employers' liability coverage to employers located within the five monopolistic state funds (North Dakota, Ohio, Washington, West Virginia and Wyoming). Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act Coverage
- This Endorsement when attached to the policy is intended to provide workers' compensation coverage to employers and certain types of maritime employees who are injured in the course of performing activities on the navigable waters of the United States. This type of coverage is intended to comply with the requirements of the
Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act.
- This Endorsement may be available if specifically requested. When attached to the policy, it is intended to provide Repatriation Expense Coverage at a limit of $5,000 per employee when such employee is working overseas and is injured or dies. This type of coverage provides for the cost, up to a $5,000 limit, of an injured employee to return to the United States or for the transportation of an employee's body to the United States. A small additional premium charge will be required for this coverage extension, the amount of which depends on the length and location of an employee's foreign work assignment. This type of coverage may not be made available for employers with employees located in certain jurisdictions.
Needle Stick Reimbursement
- This program is designed to provide financial reimbursement to dentists who pay for blood tests performed on patients when there is an accidental needle stick to an employee, during the patient's dental treatment. For further information on this program, please refer to the information provided in the Resources Section below.
The Professional Protector Plan for Dentists Workers' Compensation Insurance Coverage is available from The PMA Insurance Group in most states and territories, except North Dakota, Ohio, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.